research projects in the last years
– excavation project: Bakr Āwa (supported by Fritz Thyssen Stiftung).
– survey project: Settlement in the Plain of Shahrizur (supportet by DAAD).
– research project: History of the Settlement in the Lower Zab Region (Makhul Project), in cooperation with the State Board of Antiquities and Heritage in Iraq (supported by Gerda Henkel Foundation).
– research project: Results of the Iraqi and German excavations at Tall Harmal (Iraq), in cooperation with the University of Baghdad (supported by Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft).
– publishing project: New excavation in Assur (supported by Fritz Thyssen Foundation).
– partnership project with the Institute of Archaeology, Academy of Sciences in Usbekistan and Institute of Archaeology, University in Warsaw (Alexander von Humboldt Stiftung).
– participation at the Tall Bi`a / Tuttul excavation project (Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft / Deutsche Orient-Gesellschaft, Berlin).
2010–2014 director of the excavation at Bakr Āwa (Iraq), Early Bronze to Islamic Periods.
2009 survey in the Plain of Shahrizor (Iraq).
2000–2001 director of the excavations at Assur (Iraq), Early Bronze to Islamic Periods.
1997–1998 director of the excavations at Tall Harmal / Shaduppum (Iraq), Old Babylonian Period.
1994–1997 participation in the excavation at Tall Biʿa / Tuttul (Syria), Early Bronze to Late Bronze Periods.
1986–1987 participation in the excavation at ar-Raqqa (Syria), Early Islamic Period.
1982–1984 director of the excavations at the mediaeval town of Goettingen (Germany).